Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lontong Cap Go Meh Kedai Mama Semarang

In my business trip to Semarang, the capital of Central Java Province, I stayed in Ibis hotel near the five crossing area. Right in front of the hotel, there is a restaurant called Kedai Mama (or Mother's Resto)

It serves Indonesian heritage cullinary. Especially chinese decended cullinary. As we know that Semarang is a port city, where ancient traders used to come, especially chinese trader. The great Admiral Cheng Ho was also landed here. So that explain the aculturation af chinese culture with local culture.

Today I tried that kind of dish called Lontong Cap Go Meh. The famous Lontong Cap Gomeh I think is from Medan, the capital city of North Sumatera called Lontong Medan, but I guess where there are chinese decended people, you can find Lontong Cap Go Meh.

The difference between this two Lontong Cap Go Meh is that in the Semarang's Lontong, the taste of the spices is more light than the Medan's.

I also taste the Bir Semarang for my drinks. It is basically ginger made of drink.
Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

0 komentar:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Top WordPress Themes